Quote of the week...

"Drink a drink to tonight, Whiskey Words tumble down in the street..." - Aztec Camera

Thursday, June 21, 2012

____________

You came home carrying a stack of papers, each one blank.

We took an hour and spread them out all over the house; behind cupboards, in shelves, clung to doorknobs, and on the sills of windows.
We put them on the furniture, in the shower, on the coffeepot, and on our favorite books.
I stuck one on the dog, you put one on the bed.
At last, we put one on each other.
Then we set out to write on each piece of paper the word that best describes that spot.

On the windowsill I wrote "sunrise", you wrote "sunset."

On the bookshelf I wrote "knowledge", you wrote "entertainment."

The shower was "clean" for me, and "dirty" for you.

The coffeepot was "energy" for me, "addiction" for you.

On the dog you wrote "mine", I wrote "yours."

On the bed you wrote "mine", I wrote "yours."

On you I wrote "goodbye."
You left mine blank.

As the door closed behind me I wrote "home" on it right underneath your writing - "house."

No comments:

Post a Comment